Michael Boast a Chartered Engineer, entered Refrigeration Engineering Consultancy over twenty years ago following more than twenty years working in many sectors of the refrigeration industry.
In 1984 Michael Boast Associates was formed, the first Consulting Engineers in the UK to provide on an exclusive basis, Refrigeration Engineering Consultancy Services.
In 2002 Michael Boast formed Michael Boast Engineering Consultancy Ltd. to provide exclusive support to the refrigeration industry and the users of refrigeration, in respect of specialist services, from investigations through to expert witness services.
The company is conveniently based in Milton Keynes, close to the M1 motorway, International Airports and the main line east and west coast railways.
Michael Boast, the principle of the company, holds the following qualifications:
- Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Fellow of the Institute of Refrigeration
- Member of ASHRAE. The American Society of Refrigeration Engineers
We are active members of The Institute of Refrigeration, and support them with representation on a number of committees.
Michael Boast was the founder Chairman of the Institute of Refrigeration's Service Engineers Section, support the service, installation and maintenance side of the refrigeration industry.
We can provide expertise for all refrigeration, cold storage and water chilling applications covering investigations, reports and provide expert witness support for both mediation and litigation.
Michael Boast is the author of the following publications:
- Refrigeration Questions and Answers (1986)
- Low load refrigeration plant applications (1988)
- Refrigeration Note Book (1991)
- Safety in Refrigerated Cold Storage Areas (1996)
- Safe Construction of Refrigeration Plant (2002)
- Frost Free Cold Storage (2003)
- Very Low Temperature and Low Relative Humidity for Pharmaceutical Storage (2006)